Eva Duda Dance Company 10 – In Numbers!
Anniversaries are always very important events, however the most essential is the first 10 year. Eva Duda Dance Company celebrates its 10 years anniversary, and the period in which the project-based collective became a permanent-based, nationally and internationally acclaimed company with wide repertoire of more than 20 different pieces and more than 10 awards and prizes.
1. The premiere of LUNATIKA was presented at MU Theatre, on 13th November 2009. Shortly after its premier, the production was awarded with Lábán Rudolf Prize.
2. The first 24-hours World Dance Day’s Maraton was organized on 29th April 2010. During 24 hours presentatives of the contemporary dance field showed parts of their pieces. Afterward the programme continued in co-operation with former Merlin Theatre and Central European Dance Theatre.
3. The first appearance abroad was in the Hungarian Institute in Paris, where the spectators watched parts from the performance OVERDOSE. Following that we were invited to present at festivals and guest events mostly at the neighboring countries in Europe, but also on other continents.
4. Lionel Hoche, French choreographer was the first guest artist who made a unique surreal choreography for the company. Then we worked with several different international artists from the dance field from Vietnam, Belgium, Slovenia, Lebanon and Spain.
5. In Fall 2012 the Company moved and settled down at Jurányi Incubator House, where we opened our Movein Studio. In our working space we started to host regular dance classes and opened a photo exhibition also. This is now a working place for not only us, but for others from the performing art field, also a residenc place for foreigners.
6. In Spring 2013, for the first time in Hungary, the Company premiered VIRTUS, a performance based on contemporary dance and circus. Since then VIRTUS is our best-known and beloved piece.
7. SIMEON was the very first creation which the company co-worked with an actor, Tamás Rétfalvi. The production was based on Stylites Simeon, a play by a well known hungarian writer Imre Sarkadi.
8. In 2015, in the frame of Spring Festival we presented the performance of LEAR, in which Eva Duda played the main role, as the first in Hungary, who formed the role of the king as a woman.
9. Already 6 years ago, our Theatre in Education Programme for high school students was founded, which offers educational opportunites and common creation in various genres: dance – theatre – slam poetry and film. Approximately 1000 students have already attended the programme.
10. The Company’s first multi-disciplinar piece, FRIDA was the first co-production with Budapest Operetta Theatre, which was premiered at Átrium, on 3rd March 2017.